Health and Safety Policy - (Updated with COVID Precautions)
Health and Safety of our students is absolutely paramount at Amelia K Academy.
- All parents must complete a Registration Form when joining us, with clear information regarding emergency contacts and any relevant medical history.
- A copy of primary and emergency contact numbers will be kept on class registers.
- It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to notify us of any changes to their emergency contact/medical history details.
- In case of a fire emergency, all teachers have a clear understanding of procedures to follow.
- We will undertake regular assessment of risks regarding our premises and any concerns will be raised initially with Amelia who will then action with the relevant caretaker.
- There will always be a first aider available.
- If ever required for an injury we will contact the emergency services, then the parent/guardian of the student(s) involved, using the telephone number on the class registers.
- Parents understand that Dance is an active sport and injuries can happen and we accept no responsibility for injuries sustained via any means other than a teacher’s negligence.
- Students will be supervised during class time only and parents/guardians must ensure the safety of their children in the car park, waiting, changing and toilet areas.
- We accept no responsibility for children and young adults using the grounds around the buildings.
- Students or parents/guardians should inform the teacher of any special health considerations or existing injuries before participating in class.
- Students should not wear any jewellery that may pose a risk to themselves or others.
- No food (or chewing gum) is allowed in the studio. Water is permitted in bottles with a secure cap.
You can contact Amelia, in case of an emergency, on 07891 701608. If you wish to contact us outside of lesson times, please email: email@example.com